Saturday, January 25, 2014

Snowy Day Slouch Hat

I have been searching for an easy slouch hat pattern for a while. I have made them on the loom but they never did look right. I have crocheted a couple but ended up frogging (ripped out) them because they did not fit or just looked crazy on my head. I have lots of hair so I need one that will be able to handle that. So true to form I winged it.. Seems to be a common thread for me lately. I am currently winging  a pair of slippers for my husband too.. 

Anyway here is the pattern for my snowy day slouch hat.. It works up fairly quickly I think it took me a few hours and that included figuring out the pattern.   If you have any questions or issues please let me know.. :-)


Hook: I 5.50mm
Yarn: Worsted Weight (red heart super saver 4)
Stitches used:  DC, magic circle, Decreasing and Increasing. 

Round 1:Make magic circle (chain 4 and join with sl st in first crochet works too) 12 DC in loop, Join with sl st and pulled tight

Round 2: Chain 2  2 DC in remaining stitches Join with sl st in top of chain 2 (24 DC) 

Round 3: Chain 2, DC in next stitch, 2 DC in next stitch) all the way around join to ch 2 (36 DC)

Round 4: Chain 2, DC in next 2 stitches, 2 DC in next stitch) Continue around Join to ch 2 (48 DC)

Round 5: Chain 2, DC in next 3 stitches,2 DC in next stitch) Continue around. Join to chain 2 (60 DC)

Round 6: Chain 2, DC in next 4 stitches, 2 in next stitch) Continue around. Join to chain 2 (72 DC)

Round 7: * Chain 2, DC in every stitch* 

Repeat round 7 for 7 rows (Keep trying it on your head and do as many rows as it takes until it fits the way you like without a brim I did 7 rows I did 2 more rows for a brim) 

 Once hat is depth you like before a brim start your decrease rows
 Round 1 decrease: Chain 2, *DC in the next 5 stitches. Then DC2tog* Repeat around Join in Chain 2
Round 2 Decrease: Chain 2 *DC in the next 4 stitches. Then DC2tog* Repeat around. Join to chain 2

Try on. If it fits right then you're done. If not do another decrease row. 

Weave in ends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment